One of the things I love most about winter is that it’s soup season, and soup is the easiest lunch or appetiser offering ever. This one is packed with delicious wintery flavours of celeriac and fennel, with just a touch or nutmeg and coriander.
300g fresh fennel, finely chopped (including the green part)
230g celeriac, peeled and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp coriander seeds
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
1 vegetable stock cube
Juice of a lemon
Salt and ground black pepper, to season
Handful of fresh dill oIr fresh coriander, to garnish
1. Fry all the vegetables in oil in a large pan for a few minutes.
2. Add the coriander seeds and nutmeg, stir and fry for another minute.
3. Add water and the stock cube.
4. Bring to a boil and lower the heat. Simmer for about 10 mins or until everything is soft.
5. Add the butter and lemon juice and stir.
6. Remove from the heat and use a stick blender to blend to the desired consistency. Season to taste. Garnish with the fresh herbs.