Coconut oil for greasing the tin/cases
12 large free-range eggs
– this is individual and feel free to experiment but at a minimum you will require:
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp turmeric
– vegetarian or meat/fish as you choose. e.g.:
225g diced onion
225g diced mushrooms
1 chilli, chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
2 slices of smoked salmon/turkey breast/chicken breast/ham etc., sliced
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C.
2. Use the coconut oil to grease your muffin tin or the cases. Melt the coconut oil first if you find this easier but I normally find using my hands melts it enough to spread.
3. Mix together your fillings in a bowl and then evenly divide between the twelve muffin cases.
4. In a jug, beat the eggs, add the seasonings and mix well.
5. Pour the egg mixture into the cases that you filled in step 3.
6. Cook for 18-20 mins checking that when a fork is pricked into the centre of the muffin it comes out clean.
7. Enjoy warm or once cooled store in an airtight container in the fridge.