1 tbsp white or black chia seeds
150ml unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
A sprinkle of ground cinnamon
1 ripe banana
25g vanilla protein powder
1. In a bowl, stir together the chia seeds, milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Allow to sit for 15 minutes or even better, refrigerate overnight.
2. The chia seeds will expand and absorb the liquid creating a chia tapioca.
3. Mash a ripe banana in a bowl (or ideally use a blender). If you are not keen on tapioca texture add the chia seeds to the blender to make the porridge a smoother consistency.
4. Place the chia mix and banana in a non-stick saucepan and gently warm through.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the protein powder.